Why Move to Westminster, CO – 10 Reasons
Why would anyone ever move to Westminster, CO? Here are 10 great reasons you should consider moving there.
This city is a fantastic suburb northwest of Denver, CO. With it being only 9 miles away from Denver, you get the convenience of having a city only a few minutes away, but you still get to enjoy mountain views and no traffic. We have taken it upon ourselves to explore Westminster and decide the top 10 reasons we think you should move to Westminster, CO.
1. Westminster Castle – Also called the Big Red Castle or the PIllar Fire, this castle is located in Westminster and is something you must see! It’s a historic landmark located at 82nd Ave & Lowell Blvd.
2. Trails, Trails … and More Trails – There is an absolutely amazing trail system in Westminster. There are miles of paved trails that can take you from park to park. You will not run out of walking places here!
3. Westy Fest – Every year there is this fun event called Westy Fest that takes place in Westminster. It offers food, fun, and entertainment and usually takes place in August.
4. Farmers Market – If you love fresh produce, Westminster has an amazing farmers market. The market takes place Saturdays 10 – 1pm on 72nd and Sheridan. You can get your fill of fresh produce and fresh bakes breads!
5. Golf Courses – There are plenty of gold courses scattered throughout Westminster. These courses offer breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains.
6. Did Someone Say Beer? – If you are looking for amazing breweries, look no further! There are lots of local events where you can meet local brew-masters. Colorado is known for its brewery scene. Westminster’s breweries will not disappoint you!
7. Historic Westminster Jazz & Arts Festival – This large event is held in Historic Westminster and it’s a big one. The event has lots of food, fun, and over 100 vendors for you to see.
8. Butterflies! – The Butterfly Pavilion is located in Westminster. This is a great place to go see beautiful butterflies from all over. You get to walk through a large butterfly room and you can even meet a tarantula.
9. Your Dog Will Love It Too – This place , along with most of Denver, is extremely dog friendly. You can bring your dog to most breweries and many establishments with patios allow dogs. There is a huge off leash dog park at 104th and Simms that your pooch will enjoy
10. The People – Last but certainly not least we would like to point out how amazing the people of Westminster are. Many times people will open doors for you, help you pick up dropped items, and genuinely be nice to you.
We suggest moving to Westminster, CO if you are tired of wherever you currently call home. You won’t be disappointed or bored!